Directors' Factory 2023
As the new Fortnight, the Factory becomes the Directors' Factory !
This program aims at the emergence of new talents on the international scene by allowing four newly formed pairs (a regional director associated with an international director) to co-direct a film.
After the Balkans in 2019, the Directors' Fortnight, Bando a Parte and DW associate this year for a program of films with North Portugal Factory. This Factory is supported by the Portuguese institutions (ICA, RTP, ICA, RTP, FILMAPORTO, Câmara Municipal do Porto, Câmara Municipal do Guimarães, Agência da Curta Metragem, Curtas Vila do Conde ISFF, Olho de Vidro) and Cine for the French side.
The festival will be proud to present for its 55th edition the fruit of these collaborations : 3 co-written and co-directed short films.
The six selected directors bring also feature films projects and will profit from their presence at the Fortnight to pitch these projects to the professionals (producers, distributors and sellers)
THE PAIRS 2023 :
- ANDRE GUIOMAR (Portugal) & MYA KAPLAN (Israël)
- MARIO MACEDO (Portugal) & DORNAZ HAJIHA (Iran)
- MARIANA BARTOLO (Portugal) & GUILLERMO GARCIA LOPEZ (Espagne)
CALENDAR OF THE FACTORY DIRECTORS
- September 2022 : call for applications
- End October 2022 : selection of 3 regional directors and creation of pairs with international directors
- November to January 2023 : short films writing
- March 2023 : Making, shooting and post production of short films with regional teams
- May 2023 : Film screenings, pitch and co-production meetings